I often receive emails requesting handles made from alternative materials to Buffalo Horn and Antler. I can turn and produce handles from many materials including any type of stabilized wood or even synthetic materials. If you would like to put in a request for a specific material or design then you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can let you know if I can get hold of the material for you and what the price will be.
Ferro Rod Specification and materials
- 130mm x 13mm medium composite ferrocerium rod.
- Buffalo horn handle cut, ground and polished to a mirror finish.
- Brass Overstrike Collar.
- Dark Chocolate Tan 3.8mm thick veg tan Leather wet formed and burnished.
- Saddle stitched Yellow waxed Tiger thread, double stitched.
- Thick leather locking lace and tab with spiraled wooden bead.
- Locking lace knots are stitched so that they cannot come loose.
- Ferro rod has been keyed and fixed inside the horn, then waxed and sealed.
- A Felt Logo Patch is also included with the Ferro Rod.
The Leather is available in a range of colours which you can select from. If there is a colour you would like but that isnt listed then feel free to email me at email@example.com and I will reply as soon as I can with the colours availability.
They are also available in a normal smooth leather or I also tool a basket weave design on the front part of the holder. I do a range of tooling so if there is a design that you have in mind you can email me your ideas and I will let you know if I am able to do this.
A 13mm wide by 130mm long Ferrocerium Rod with leather sheath and locking cord. Ferrocerium Rods are popular fire lighting tools used in Bushcraft and Survival skills and can be found in medical, military and emergency kits almost all over the world. The metal composite of the rod can be scraped with a sharp object to shave off small particles of metal which ignite and produce white hot sparks of up to 3000 degrees Fahrenheit.