NOTE: This item is made to order. Please allow 14 working days from the date of purchase for us to make this item for you. We will keep you updated on the progress of your order and inform you as soon as it has been shipped.
Made from high quality extra thick buffalo horn. The handle of the rod is shaped and polished to a mirror finish. The Ferrocerium Rod belt sheath made from grade A 3mm thick veg tan cowhide that we cut, dye, shape and stitch.
Ferro Rod Specification and materials
- 130mm x 13mm medium composite ferrocerium rod.
- Buffalo horn handle cut, ground and polished to a mirror finish.
- Brass Overstrike Collar.
- Dark Chocolate Tan 3.8mm thick veg tan Leather wet formed and burnished.
- Saddle stitched Yellow waxed Tiger thread, double stitched.
- Thick leather locking lace and tab with spiraled wooden bead.
- Locking lace knots are stitched so that they cannot come loose.
- Ferro rod has been keyed and fixed inside the horn, then waxed and sealed.
- A Felt Logo Patch is also included with the Ferro Rod.
The Leather is available in a range of colours which you can select from. If there is a colour you would like but that isnt listed then feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will reply as soon as I can with the colours availability.
They are also available in a normal smooth leather or I also tool a basket weave design on the front part of the holder. I do a range of tooling so if there is a design that you have in mind you can email me your ideas and I will let you know if I am able to do this.
A 13mm wide by 130mm long Ferrocerium Rod with leather sheath and locking cord. Ferrocerium Rods are popular fire lighting tools used in Bushcraft and Survival skills and can be found in medical, military and emergency kits almost all over the world. The metal composite of the rod can be scraped with a sharp object to shave off small particles of metal which ignite and produce white hot sparks of up to 3000 degrees Fahrenheit.